Friday, July 24, 2009

More from Lauren...personally, my biggest challenges were watching several families lose children while we were there, including the infant son of the mother for whom we were building the house and leaving my own young children and husband behind; however I learned from God that only He can make me lie down in green pastures, lead me beside still waters and restore my soul! (Rooming with one of our ministers was bonus) Biggest lessons/reminders for me on this journey were that it is only through God and His mercy that we have hope...especially hope for eternal life! Additionally, it is our command-not a suggestion, to produce helpful service to others, and in serving we find humility. I went with one set of gifts in mind, but God's plan was different. I will close-Titus 3:8. "This is a trustworthy saying...so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good."

No comments: